10.14.2014

Rainy Morning: Trench Coat & Rain Boots


This Saturday, we took full advantage of our location in downtown Austin (validate my parking-Yes please!) for an impromptu photo shoot after my doctor’s appointment. It rained really hard the whole way there but luckily it stopped right before we got out of the car. The weather was a bit cool so I paired my shorts (last seen here and here) with a sweater layered over my favorite plaid shirt (last seen here and here). Oh, and do not let me forget-thank goodness for my Hunter boots-as they have proven once again to be perfection on a rainy day. It has really been a journey to find a trench coat. My criteria was simple, the coat must not: overwhelm my body, be too pricey (#burberrylust), and must have a classic appearance. This ASOS trench really saved the day by checking every box on my search criteria. Since we just happened to be in the neighborhood, we stopped by Gourdoughs's Big. Fat. Donuts. for an epic treat! If you are ever in Austin, please take the time to try one. Their fried-to-order donuts are thick and fluffy and they are not shy about their toppings. My favorite ones are: Miss Shortcake, which has cream cheese icing with fresh cut strawberries; and Granny’s pie, which has caramel, pecan, banana, & graham cracker (check out the last photo). So imagine something that is lightly crispy outside, while remaining a bit more dense than a normal doughnut. Seriously I am not doing justice to this magical pastry work of art, so you will just have to trust me, or even better yet go get one or two for yourself ^_~ 
Hope you have a great rest of the week!
 
 






 
 

11 comments:

  1. Very cute look! Love ur Trenchcoat!
    http:puschokandbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! Love the boots and the trench! The photo in the mirror is great! Xx
    www.imperfectmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelly, thank you for your kind comment and I really appreciate your visit ^_^

      Delete
  3. Seeing you wearing your Hunter Wellies makes me very happy you look adorable, I've got a pair of shiny black Huntress Wellies and wear them a lot whatever the weather.
    Julia
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, thank you for stopping by. I ❤ Hunter boots-they are just super cute, comfortable and perfect for any weather especially when it's wet & cold. I'm planning to own a pair of purple ones some day ^_^

      Delete
  4. Yet another fab outfit by you, starring your cute hunter boots. Seriously, you look phenomenal in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment really made me smile ^_^ Thanks so much and again Hunter Boots rule!

      Delete
  5. Yes they do! I finally got a red pair last week to make my collection 5 pairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Congrats!! You have quite a nice Hunters family there, girl-I'm jelly ^_^

      Delete
  6. Lol im flattered, thank you! Eventually i would like to own about 10. I like having color options and hunters are just too amazing not to wear. It doesnt top my big pony ralph lauren polo shirt collection though which stands at 16! Oh and btw purple hunters would look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs